Re: [Amc-list] generators

I think your assumption is incorrect, I have limited experience with
generators, but I have never seen one 'drop dead'.  Generators let the
alternators do that.  Replace the brushes, oil the bushings, keep a
spare regulator with you and enjoy trouble free driving without diodes
and 'transistor' regulators!

Could you build a tube type regulator?

Peter Marano
Kenosha WI