Re: [Amc-list] "A Pacer in Your Future"

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

> that follows my idea of digging up the aftermarket fellow that has the
> bits to stack 4 mazda rotors and housings into a single engine.
>
> now i'm reflecting more on it, i think i've even heard of 6-rotor
> mazda based engines.  of course, i can't place the source now...  but
> that would easily be good for 401-like power.  and smoooth...
>
> the 2-rotors only have end bearings on the main shaft.  iirc the
> 3-rotor 20c has a plate with a bearing between 2 of the rotors.  i've
> always assumed the 4-rotor hack used this 'center bearing' and the
> 6-rotor two of them.

Wasn't one of the supposed selling points of the rotary the ability to make it as long as was needed?
Just keep adding rotary sections till the needed power was achieved.

IIRC, The downfall was emissions and fuel economy.
Power was not an issue, IIRC.

Never thought about it much but building a rotary Pacer would indeed be a cool project bringing it back to it's beginnings!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV