Re: [Amc-list] Re; Curtis Wright Rotary

" you will get 172 hits one of which will make mention of the Suzuki  motor
cycle which I have seen,

And I have owned. Nice bike until I had trouble getting parts.

"fichtel & sachs [the clutch makers] made smallish wankels for assorted
industrial uses, sort of the briggs & stratton market.  i believe
that's what arctic cat used."

Malibu Grand Prix cars too, IIRC.

" others will refer to the NSU roadster that I have also seen.

"was this the ro80?  a very nice car, made i heard to show what the
company was worth to prospective buyers."

It worked, too. Audi bought the company and used most of the Ro80 design
(though not the motor) for the 5000/100

"vws had them until the '70s."

67 was the last year.

"he wanted something to establish his creds, and the 'vair was a better
target for him.  he showed what he was, another know-nothing
politician who found a parade [safety in this case] and ran to get in
front of it to show his 'leadership'..."

It didn't help that GM sent a PI to follow him around, giving him
credibility. That said, I owned a 60 Corvair, it WAS dangerous if you had no
experience with tail-heavy swing axle cars (common in Europe at the time,
but totally foreign to an American buyer).

"also iirc their first ones [rx3?]"

Cosmo (sports car) was first. Then R100, and RX2. The RX3 was a cheapened
RX2, leafs instead of coils, etc. I had an couple of RX2s, they got crappy
mileage like you say, but would run at 135 MPH all night long!

Kelly