[Amc-list] Neutral safety switch

I just got a 68 AMX with  an automatic trany and it will not start it
park. I took the console out and did the adjustment with the drill
bit that is described in my book but it didn't fix the problem. Is it
possible that just the park setting on the switch went out so the
neutral setting still works? I don't know enough about the switch to
know if that is possible. Also the tach does not work. I put a test
light on the yellow wire going into the back of the tach and that
wire has a good connection but  is there a way to test the tach to
see if the problem is in the tach itself and not a wiring issue. This
car had an after market alarm system put in it so I don't know if
some of the original wiring got messed with when they installed it.
Thanks for your time.
Keith