Re: [Amc-list] noisy after rebuild

I see the second subject I listed about a new cam came in first. It doesn't make much sense the way it is.

The engine was running in the car a month ago. I had a headgasket blow, and it was making noise at startup. So I decided to take it out, and freshen it up.

The engine origianlly came from an Ambassador parts car that had "68k" miles on it. I don't know for sure though. I put about another 10K on it. I didn't find anything to lead me to believe otherwise. It could be that the new lifters are just bad. However, like you said it doesn't matter if they are new or not, if they arn't rotating, the cam will be gone soon enough.

I don't want to replace a cam, and still have this problem when I get it going again. If it does, there will be a 66 Cross Country for sale fairly soon.

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&ss=yp.bars~yp.pizza~yp.movie%20theater&cp=42.358996~-71.056691&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=950607&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01