Re: [Amc-list] if cam related.....

I would be surprised if going from a .381 to a .416 lift would bind off the springs from a mere .035 change in valve lift.

Changing the cam will require the usual removal of the lifter and pushrods and removal of the timing cover and timing chain along with anything that is attached to our around the timing chain so it is no trivial process.  One thing that will make it MUCH easier to install the new cam however is to get the longest bolt you can find to screw into the end of the cam so you have levarage to gently move it around when reinstalling.

Steve Feniello(amxgopak with ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Way-Out-West-AMC-AMX-Javelin-Parts_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm )usually has a nice cam installation tool that he sells on ebay for under 20 bucks so you may want to contact him if you decide to replace the cam and make it much easier to remove the old one and install the new one.

Regards,
Dan Curtis