Re: [Amc-list] electric fan in 87 cherokee

When the AC is turned on and the switch in the RUN position, the fan should come on. The AC relay is likely the culprit. The fan is cut on through that relay by the computer. Only the old 87-90 Renix Jeeps had the coolant sensor tied directly to the fan... I think. It probably went through the relay also -- I forget how mine was originally connected!

--------------
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 08:55:10 -0400
From: "edwin atwood" <javelinsst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Trying to trouble shoot electric fan in Cherokee. I know fan works.jumped
from battery.replaced the coolant sensor under drivers motor mount.still not
come on. I know that this fan is tied into ac somehow    is there any other
fuses/relays that I can check.and where are they in truck.help!!!! Thanx
Ed javelinsst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"