Re: [Amc-list] restore or keep original????

Re: [Amc-list] restore or keep original????

Here's my $0.02.

The car has already been painted once, right?  So it
is no longer original.   Another repaint, if done
well, won't hurt the value.  I would avoid "trendy"
colors for the repaint, unless they are era-correct
for the car, like the big bad colors.  But any
reasonable color repaint won't hurt the value of the
car.

The interior soft parts are all available in a quality
equal to or better than the original.

If you do repaint the car, you will probably notice
that the door handles and bumpers, and grille, etc.
might look kinda shabby nest to that new paint.

What to do?  The choice is yours.  Enjoy the car.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA