Re: [Amc-list] Disposing of waste oil, be careful

--- Bruce Hevner <scramblr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I take all my old oil to the local landfill which
> has a recycled oil tank
> to dump it in. Let them deal with it.
>  But HEY,,, that's just ME!
> Bruce Hevner

Bruce,

The way most used oil collectors "deal with it" is to
send it to a processor who blends it into fuel, used
for cement kilns or steel mills if there is one within
a practical distance from the processor.

Here in CA there is one company (I worked for this
company as an environmental engineer for five years.)
which re-refines the used oil into pure hydrocarbons.
The product is sold in two grades (approximately 5 wt
and 30 wt) to major companies who use it in products
such as grease and lubricants.  Every can of WD-40 and
3in1 oil had some of our products in it a few years
ago.  I suspect the same is true today.  Texaco used
to buy it to make grease.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA