[Amc-list] Disposing of waste oil, be careful

[Amc-list] Disposing of waste oil, be careful

One of the problems with waste oil is its hazardous! Think about it, where
do most of the various metals worn off interior parts of an engine end up?
Chrome and Moly rings, Lead and Indium from bearings, Zinc (of course most
late model engines use Aluminum bearings) those metals end up in the oil.
Used motor oil is considered a carcinogen.
We never thought about it when we were younger but most techs (me
included) now wear protective gloves when dealing with used oil such as
taking an engine apart.
So although motor oil could be considered natural, the additives and
engine shavings are NOT.
 The places I have seen try and use waste oil heaters have given up on
them. Too much maintenance, constant clogging of tubes, orifices and
filters. Maybe they'll get better but as of now I don't know of ANY that
are still in use around here.
 I take all my old oil to the local landfill which has a recycled oil tank
to dump it in. Let them deal with it.
 But HEY,,, that's just ME!
Bruce Hevner