Re: [Amc-list] OT -Just got back from Boneville

Re: [Amc-list] OT -Just got back from Boneville

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
"
"
"
" H2 is stupid, I wish people would give up. Calling it a "fuel" is misleading;
" fuel means sticks you pick up on the ground, or dig out of a hole, eg. the
" energy magically came from "somewhere else" for you to use "free". The
" only "fuels" in that sense that exist are all fossils, made long ago when we
" were not here.
"
" Hydrogen is an energy storage method, and not a very good one. It's only
" proposed because oil corps -- oops, energy corps -- can make it from the
" dynosaur sources they already own.

hear hear!  h2 might make sense in corner cases like icelend, where
they have lots of hydrothermal energy they can turn into electricity
and then into gas, but can't easily grow biofuels.

for the rest of us and especially in the tropics...  i keep harping on
biodiesel, but of all the technologies in play, it even more than
ethanol is the most practical sustainable fuel.  it has the energy
density, it can be used in existing engines without modification, it's
the safest to handle.  on the negative side, biodiesel needs more
cold-weather tolerance, and being biodegradable [edible even, maybe]
might be susceptible to really massive algae or bacteria
contamination.