Re: [Amc-list] 360 build - what to save?

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 10:55:25 Steve Cornelius wrote:

> So here's the question; if I'm planning to re-do it with roller rockers and
> such, what's worth saving here? I don't have lots of room for old parts of
> questionable value laying around, so is there a point to hanging onto the
> old bridges and rockers? Lifters (I can't imagine why)? Is there any value
> in a cast-iron 2V manifold that I'm not going to use?
>
> I'm loathe to see old out-of-production parts thrown out, but I really
> don't see who would want them either. So, do I packrat them, or let 'em go?

First, I woudl save every single part until the engine is running. Old parts
installed by the factory can answer all sorts of mystery questions that pop
up later. Pushrod length? Is this lifter the same height or diameter? What
size bolt was that? Etc.... Even having an old gasket around can solve
puzzles. Is there a hole here on the old one vs. new one? ...