[Amc-list] 360 build - what to save?

OK, I've been debating this for weeks, so I'm going to pose a question to the list.

I have a 2-barrel 360/727 combo that I want to build up and put in my 71 humpster (it has a modified 304/M11 combo in it now). The combo was pulled from a 74 rust victim, and has sat idle since 89. I'm in the process of tearing it down now.

Now, I've swapped engines before, but I've never built one up on my own. I've long wanted to, and since this is a toy, I can live with it if I make a mistake. I have the engine disassembled down to a short block at the moment, with the top end parts all nice and ordered across my workbench.

So here's the question; if I'm planning to re-do it with roller rockers and such, what's worth saving here? I don't have lots of room for old parts of questionable value laying around, so is there a point to hanging onto the old bridges and rockers? Lifters (I can't imagine why)? Is there any value in a cast-iron 2V manifold that I'm not going to use?

I'm loathe to see old out-of-production parts thrown out, but I really don't see who would want them either. So, do I packrat them, or let 'em go?

-steve c.