Re: [Amc-list] t 14 transmission ratios

" From: "M Walter" <redamc1963@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Hello,  I have recently purchased a t 14 trans to put in my '63 american
" convertible.  I cannot find any information on what gear ratios were in
" them.  I was told mine is out of a '72 Gremlin with a 304.
" []

i don't know by tag, but up to about '72 they were all 2.63 - 1.63 - 1.
after that they could also be 3.10 - 1.75 - 1, and i'm not sure if
there was any logic save top o' the supply pile as to which was used
where.

one thing to watch out for - starting in '72 iirc, they switched from
the coarse warner output spline shared with the t96 and m35/m40
trannies to a fine spline also used on the newly-adopted mopar
torqueflites.

" Also, I have not decided on how to shorten the pilot
" shaft, or whether to reduce the excess width of the shaft. Or, to have a new
" brass pilot bearing made.

excess width?  afaik the car t14s have the same input shaft length,
spline, and pilot; certainly a '75 t14 plugged right in place of the
t96 originally on my '68 199.  nb. '68 199s got t96s but '68 232s got
t14s.

[jeep t14s have a completely different nose and input than car t14s]