[Amc-list] 195.6 full flow oil filter/pump

[Amc-list] 195.6 full flow oil filter/pump

I recently incorrectly stated that the 195.6 full flow oil filter just
used a different oil pump cover. Justin sent a very clear pic of the
thing, and I just searched the parts book for it as well. It's shown as
a 1965 part for the L-head and OHV. The cover IS different, but there is
a filter adapter that bolts to the side of the main housing. I apologize
if my statement has caused anyone any problems or given any hopes. It
MIGHT fit a 58-63 American, but the filter would be very close to the
bolts that hold the front suspension on. I would be afraid that engine
vibration could hole a filter, but that's just from looking at it, I
haven't tried it or measured for clearance.

The pump body and cover appear to be based on the aluminum 195.6 oil
pump design, but it's obviously a different part. Now that I have the
60-65 parts book on my computer it's easy to look these things up!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"