Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:41:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list]  Pearly Whites
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> >idle curiosity: what hp would a renix 4.0 produce,
> >with a #7120 [early
> >ho] head and '99-up intake?  throw in a long tube
> >header too...

wouldnt it be nice to have money to do combinations
like this? sounds like a fun set up. hell, build you a
4.6 stroker, with this setup? i would really love to
just build combos like that just for fun.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

===.===

If you've the 4.0 the rest is fairly inexpensive.

Renix systems can be had with harness and TCM
for $150.00 - I bought one.

Intake - $50.00 and up

Headers - sometimes you find the Borla header 2nd hand
          just takes hunting the various Jeep lists.

Crane - I'd toss in the Crane cam - the lower RPM more Torque stick.

Building Strokers is one way - Snails are another.

6lbs. Boost would really straighten your nasal hairs......
Turbo from www.mjmturbo.com is ballpark $550.00.

I'd use 1.25" tubes to a 2.5" collector / Turbo Flange
to keep the speed up - moves the 'Hit' to around 1,500rpm.

Much less money / time than building a 258 crank engine -
4.0 spins up faster - good for Turbo apps.