[Amc-list] Renix vs MoPar 4.0 EFi - 'value added' ?

[Amc-list] Renix vs MoPar 4.0 EFi - 'value added' ?

Chrysler did further develop the system.

The HO electronics are a natural progression of the Renix system.

The two are very similar, of course the later is more advanced.

They also raised the ports on the HO head and improved the intake in 99,
as well as made other slight improvements over the years -- all a
natural course that AMC may have taken had the company survived.
-- Frank Swygert Publisher, "American Motors Cars" Magazine (AMC) For
all AMC enthusiasts http://farna.home.att.net/AMC.html (free download
available!)

===.===

Uhhhhh..........

Bendix - Renault:  Renix

Consider the Chrysler HO EFi controller
takes LESS READINGS
off the flywheel/flexplate than the Renix -
alot less.

The Renix has a Wide Band O2 sensor - more
readings lead to better engine management.

In adding a performance cam to a 4.0 - the Renix is more
'flexible' and exhibits a better 'intuitive' response than
does the HO.

HO rock climbers talk about 'pinging' problems where as the Renix
guys don't.

It's my opinion that MoPar was somehow trying to legally
move away from the Renix system due to copyright / ownership -
not that they sought to move to an 'Improved' / Enhanced
system.

The MoPar EFi upgrade for 258s - seems to have a less than
favorable performance acceptence - sticker shock aside.

I tend to believe AMC would have stayed with the Renix system -
in a continuing collaborative effort between Bendix and Renault
or one or the other.

Bendix as most know, did the EFi development for the piston
engined WW-II Fighter Planes - and for automotive apps. with
GM - Packard.

Renault EFi background holds court in F-1 Racing - not a
slouch effort.

That Chrysler somehow 'Improved' from the Renix system
tends to be a 'head scratcher'...... they did 'Improve'
the HO system over time - but began their HO EFi offering
with a stripped down - barely acceptable EFi controler.

just my .02

your mileage may vary........

--

    =Bt=