Re: [Amc-list] NAVARRO - INDY - MOTOR

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 17:08 -0400, Brien Tourville wrote:

> So the Bosch Mechanical 60s Fuel Injection
> COULD be run on this - Easily1!
>
> Wouldn't need to 'alter' that NAVARRO cast
> manifold [ ain't she sweet..'} ]

Hilborn was used. I have the manifold, and the 6-cyl fuel distribution
part of the Hilborn setup, some hoses and other parts, but no squirters,
air valve or other parts. I don't really know what makes up a Hilborn
injection system, but I know it's not too subtle. Squirt a lot of fuel
in there with some lever/cam for curve and go.

> Could find a used dry sump pump - still run
> a wet pan - the Cobra 5.4 engine build that
> one former Top Fuel Bike builder ran did this -
> solved alot of Ford Engineering sins.....

I've got two pans, both are hacked AMC pans. Both are try left-turn-only
road pans. I don't have scavenge pump stuff, and I don't know what the
rest of the oilin system looked like. I do have some mighty odd custom
oil pump parts though. Barney had something on the stock pump location.

I don't have ignition either, probably I could guess from photos what
was used (likely magneto) but I'd go electronic with distributor here.
BFD today.