Re: [Amc-list] Pearly Whites

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
> Chrysler did further develop the system. The HO electronics are a natural
> progression of the Renix system. The two are very similar, of course the later
> is more advanced.

I'm not sure I agree with this statement. The fact that OBD I "HO" [Bet Don Imus would get fired for driving one!] holds a code is about the only real "advance" to the system.They actually "cheapened the system by throwing away the knock sensor and instead implemented programming to quesstimate the "best" settings when the go pedal is smashed. The Renix searched out optimum timing and retarded it when knock was found.
   I've always felt Crysler ditched it simply to save $$$.
   The system woudl have been just as good by simply adding the features needed to the programming to retain codes. Renix also had the intention of implementing a SES light. You can even find it in the wiring diagrams. Those little bulbs were found to not really be needed...You don't want the customer to know it is broke do you???
    The Renix system could/would have likely been improved and retained if it wasn't for the buy out. It was so close to being a very good system. Just few more tweaks and a couple of added features.

   ALAS BABYLON.....

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV