[Amc-list] Trunnion bolts frozen no more

[Amc-list] Trunnion bolts frozen no more

Because they no longer exist!

Took 1 and 1/2 carbide drill bits to get 'em out. Went slow, lots of
coolant. Got it clamped real square, didn't touch the casting threads at
all.

I picked out all the remaining threads. One side went OK, though it took
some effort. The other side took an hour. I didn't get more than 2 - 3
turns out at one time, most of it I had to pick out 1/8" to 1/16" of
thread at a time, and each section was practically welded into the
casting. I've never seen such thorough corrosion.

Didn't damage the casting threads much, it'll be fine when I get a
5/8-11 tap. Luckily the arms are OK too, one was egged but I tapped it
round with a tiny hammer and welded the fracture in the protruding
thread, and will run a tap through that.

Just gotta get some trunnion bolts and nuts now, and think about ways to
keep the damn thing lubricated in the future.