Re: [Amc-list] My Kingdom for the Cam - con't

Re: [Amc-list] My Kingdom for the Cam - con't

" From: Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
"
" The most challenging part of this motor to me is the O-ringed head
" business, and a suitable fuel::air source. I'm favoring a huge-ass
" carburetor like the original. Missing conn rods, will have to cough up
" real $ for those.
"
"
" ===.===
"
"
" The AMC 360 rods can be had in
" FORGED from MadDog Racing for around
" $200.00 a set - a Bargain - .

iirc eagle has 4.0 rods that'd be a drop-in.

" Yeah, I'd say if you're going Transaxle
" get one out of a PORSCHE - spin the ring
" gear over to function having the engine
" out front rather than out back - the
" 914 owners do frequently
" when upping the ante to a Flat 6 or V8.

-porsche- 914s came from the factory with flat sixes, 2.0 or 2.2 iirc;
that tranny is good for up to a 3.0 six.  it was also used in 911s.
the next gen transaxle, the g50, is good for -at-least- 500 hp; it's
used in the 911 turbos.

-vw- 914s had the flat 4.

" if you don't mind a slight 'upgrade' -
" find a 70s' Mercedes 6 with Bosch Mechanical
" injection - drill / tap for the hard lined
" injectors - and it will look killah.

if you're speaking of bosch k-jetronic, iirc it can also be found on
bmw and volvo inline sixes and porsche flat sixes, and probably other
euros, maybe japanese too.  the real diesel-like bosch mechanical
wasn't used iirc after the mid '60s.  it was really in its heyday on
the mid-'50s 300slr.