Re: [Amc-list] disk brake hack

Oh sorry, duh, I forgot you had the GT brakes up front.

It sounds like you need the rear-metering portion of the brake valve
that AMC used on some cars, or the equiv. It does exactly what you
need.

I wonder if in the short term you couldn't simply adjust the rear shoes
looser so it requires more travel before it grabs! Not a good fix really
as they'll self-adjust real fast, but that'll give you a feel for if
that's the direction you need to go in, or not.

Many 1970 AMC cars have a separate rear-pressure-holdoff valve in the
rear of the car, exactly what you want.

http://wps.com/AMC/AMC-brakes.html

Look for valve V7, then see the LEGEND for a description of it.