Re: [Amc-list] Trannies - con't

I'm almost agreeing with Brien on this one -- Novak has a vested
interest in selling adapters.
I said almost...

Most of Novak's customers are hard core four wheelers. They beat on
their rigs hard and build high power. The AW4 high efficiency torque
converter has a low stall and isn't well suited for high rpm horsepower
engines. I don't think anyone makes a high stall converter for it. Most
of Novak's customers would want to run big V-8s (built 360s) with high
stall converters so they can rev the engines to build power and still
not be moving fast. The AW4 won't do that. So from a big power four
wheeler perspective, the transmission just isn't strong enough.

As I said before, I wouldn't put it behind a drag racing built 360, but
I'd definitely put it behind a mildly built cruiser that might see an
occasional pass down the strip.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"