Re: [Amc-list] 70 Donohue

DUH!!! 1970 - 390, 1971 - 401. Don't know why I made that goof, I know
better!!

Yes, the 390 was an option. The thick wall block was a regular
production piece, a "service replacement" block, and did not require
homologation. The 360 in the Donohues are standard 360s, only a few have
been found with the thick wall block, and those may have been warranty
replacement engines (which is what the thick block was made for -- a
dealer could stock one bare block and with a bit of machine work replace
one of four engines -- 343, 360,390, or 401).

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"