Reply to: sale-351066673@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2007-06-13, 3:01AM

1968 Rambler American, AMC, 2 door sedan $1500, OBO

The good.....Solid exterior body in original paint. No exterior rust to repair. All windows intact and operate as designed. Interior in excellent condition, even the dash pad is perfect with no cracks. Alabama car am I am only the 3rd owner. Odometer reads 50800 which I believe is accurate by the documentation I received, but with these old ones you never know. I will dig up the records to hopefully document the mileage.

The bad.....Rust through areas in trunk, about 30% which will need replacing. It doesn't appear to have affected the sub-frame in that area. A couple small rust though places in drivers side interior floor pan. A small area of rust on the fender liner around the battery tray which is also shot. 6 cyl 199 or 232 automatic. Engine is bad and head is removed.

Grab a 258 AMC - Jeep engine and drop it in with a newer tranny and you will have a solid drive train. As with all these old ones the brakes and all the other mechanicals will need to be gone through as well to ensure everything is good.

I can possibly haul it a short distance of 20-30 miles. Further is possible at a cost to cover expenses.

Too many projects---too little time-money-space to put this nice little beauty back on the road.

E-mail for more pics, questions, address or phone number.

This item has been posted by-owner.
Location: Norfolk VA

Original URL: http://richmond.craigslist.org/car/351066673.html

-- Marc