Re: [Amc-list] Switching axles/ formerly: overdrive again

Re: [Amc-list] Switching axles/ formerly: overdrive again

You do need to switch the tcase unless you just want to run 2wd because the
driveshaft is on the wrong side. Putting a Chev axle under the front of a
Jtruck will give you an "instant" lift of about 7 inches. You can run a
Dodge NP208 in place of a Jeep one directly (the driveshafts may need length
altering due to the different axles) There were a few Suburbans and 1 tons
made after '88 with a LH drop D44s.
   I'm looking around here for a Ford high pinion D44 with 3.73 (I don't
think Chev or Dodge diffs came with high pinion which is better for
driveshaft angle on such a short run) to put into my '83 J10 with high
steer. That's what's in my '84 J10 project truck (only with 4.10s, AW4,
NV241 with 4:1 low range)

Jim Blair, Kirkland, WA '87 Comanche, '83 Jeep J10, '84 Jeep J10, '73 J4000
(RIP)<br>

Switching axles/ formerly: overdrive again
    Posted by: "BLAZER/CH14" radiojoe555@xxxxxxxxx radiojoe555
    Date: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:46 pm ((PDT))

Is there any way to change the front differential to the
passenger side on a J10 without switching out the T-case or
anything else? My brother has some heavy duty GM corporate 14?
bolt axles like what he put on his chevy, and he'll give them to
me for free. He uses them on his 83 chevy that has a $4000 GM
350 and it has 38" boggers, he's put that truck through more
abuse than it should be able to survive and it still hits the
trails better than ever! It's the only vehicle he's owned that
he hasn't blown up.