Re: [Amc-list] My Kingdom for the Cam

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 01:28 -0400, Brien Tourville wrote:

> Set of Crane or whomever Solid Rollers - add the link b
> ar
> the Strokers guys are having made up 'n your in like Flynn!
>
> You'll probably be the ONLY one with a Solid Roller Lifter
> Camm'd AMC Inliner - who knows..... 200MPH Club @ Bonnie ?

That fantasy has crossed my mind more than once... one of Navarro's
turbo sixes WAS at bonneville, he loaned it to Craig Breedlove once, for
some undocumented (far as I can tell) 'spearmint.

3hp/ci, 6000 -- 7800 rpm depending on when and where you read. I think
the early single-turbo, 550hp motor (which I have) was high-revved (7000
+) but the final motor (twin turbo, 750hp) was 6000 or so redlined. It
appears at 45psi boost!

Umm I'm assuming when I get it to go, I will de-tune it to 400hp range
or so. Barney had (someone else's) bag of money and a 500 mile target. I
have some pennies and rusty nails and want it to last a bit longer than
that.

The most challenging part of this motor to me is the O-ringed head
business, and a suitable fuel::air source. I'm favoring a huge-ass
carburetor like the original. Missing conn rods, will have to cough up
real $ for those.

Oh yeah, and the little detail of a car to put it in. I stay awake at
night kicking myself for not going into debt bidding on the transaxle
and clutch stuff.