[Amc-list] Trannie's - con't

Ambassador is likely to going to run a manual valve bodied turbo 400 now that I've decided to conserve my energy and not build the second American. That way if my shoulder gets too bad I can always put a regular valve body back in it or atleast I'm only moving one click at a time!!!

mark price -

===.===

I've a Turbo 400 in my '66 GTO behind a 400cu.in. V8.

Nice transmissions - if they had another gear... -

As much as you dislike Automatics - I dislike 3spd. Automatics.

Coming back from the Jersey Shore after gigs - geared for
cruising @ 65mph - back then, I found it took too much out
of performance having such long first 'n second gear runs,
and hit third, you've this netherland of mediocre performance
coupled with near top of comfortable RPM band 'cruise spread'.

Automatics will shift faster than most any Stick jockey -
if it's a choice of a 4 / 5 / 6 spd. Stick or a 3spd. Auto,
the Std. trans. wins - but I much prefer to run an Auto/Manual
V-body with a 6 or 8 spd. Automatic - especially those new
units by ZF GM is stuffing into most everything.

Even tho GM started the 6spd ZF Auto in 2006, prices on
www.car-parts.com are in the 1'G' price range.

I know we've kicked this in the head before, so .... one more
lump won't matter -

If you've an adapter making a TH-400 work behind an AMC V-8,
would this not work for their GM ZF 6spd. auto box ?

--

    =Bt=
milnersXcoupe