Re: [Amc-list] Virginia targeting antique vehicles - again.

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 15:54 -0700, Mike Kindle wrote:
> Effective July 1, 2007, Virginia Law ( Code of
> Virginia, Section 46.2-730 ) requires that owners of
> registered antique motor vehicles and trailers provide
> evidence that they own or have regular use of another
> properly registered passenger vehicle or motorcycle."
>
> I have regular use of the city bus.  I think it's safe to say that it is
> properly registered.
>
> I think it means everyone must have two properly registered antique
> vehicles.  One is no longer enough!  Go shopping!

Good read of the law! Two might actually do it! :-)

> The notarized statement of safety is probably to cover the commonwealth's
> liability if an antique car mechanical failure causes an accident.  Are
> registered antique vehicles exempt from the safety inspections?

Yeah, besides malicious selective enforcement, there are a lot of actual
antiques eg. Model T's that might have gas lamps, or non-hydraulic
brakes, or be so weird ordinary MV dept people won't have the expertise
to know what the hell they're looking at (Stanley Steamer -- you put
WHAT into it? And light a fire?!!)