[Amc-list] rambler disk brake update

some people may remeber the hack i did for my disk
brakes for my 62 classic. i made my own brackets to
mount calipers and rotors from a 2000 mustang. i got a
mastercylinder and booster from a wrangler of unknown
year. i got the master cylinder off and measured it.
it was only 7/8". i "aquired" a brand new m/c from a
hummer. (being a mechanic in the army sometimes has
its perks...) it measured 1 1/8". i got it put on
today finally. havent driven it yet. pedal feels MUCH
firmer however. less travel.

im still recovering from my eye surgery still. still
on percocet and eyes are light sensitive. i HAD to get
out and do something. just waiting now till i feel
comfortable driving the rambler. i have a peon i will
drive no problem. but the rambler is another story.
lol.
i will post later on how well this m/c works. some may
remember the problem i had with the other m/c. i was
getting rear wheel lockup, and not a lot of front end
pressure. so maybe i have solved it. yes, i was
running a combo valve. gm style with a brake warning
light also built into it. more later when i finally
drive it.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules