[Amc-list] 4-Speed Wagon?

Just wondering and a bit of dreaming.
Would it be possible to put a 4-speed trans in the 75 Matador Wagon?  The
auto trans is bleeding a lot and the bench rebuild looks around $650.  Would
there be pedel sets that would bolt in and linkage and such for this big
monster?  I believe that the trans may not be a problem as it bolts up to
the bell housing and probably an adjustment for the drive shaft length?

Anything else needed to know, IF, this could really be done?
Thanks for the time, knowledge and input!

Richard

Richard Estermyer
PhotoGraphics
6235 S. Mohawk Avenue