Re: [Amc-list] AMC dash repairs, etc

OH MY UNBELIEVEABLE !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It works, the tachometer actually works!!!!!!!!!!
The ALT light works,
The OIL warning light works,
The Temperature gauge works,
The Fuel gauge works,
I had to move some of the light sockets around to re-establish a connection
but they all work,
The turn signal lights work,
The speedo needle still bounces around under 30 to 35 mph, so I do think
that has something to do with the drive cable for the speedo, as the old
speedo did the same thing. I'll have to either order another new speedo
cable or pull this one out completely and hose it out with cleaner then
regrease it with what, maybe vaseline?? or a silicone based light paste
lubricant? I tried a synthetic wheel bearing type lube and I think that's
too heavy.

So, thank you so very much Steve Brueggeman and also thanks to John Elle who
came on board late but had the exact same information about tach wiring as
Steve had, and John had the explanation why it's wired that way. Once again
you guys have come through for me and helped me get things done correctly,
with very little pain involved on my part. I learned some neat things today,
but the best thing I learned is you can't find better people any where than
the guys on this list.

Thanks

Armand (the guy with a dash tach in his SST Javelin)(THAT WORKS)