Re: [Amc-list] Identifying a Cam

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 03:41 -0500, Todd Tomason wrote:

> 318-0259 is listed in my 67-72 parts book as 67-68 V8.  If I'm reading it
> right it's for all engines.
>
> After some searching on the web I think CWC is for CWC Textron, which is the
> largest cam blank manufacturer in the world.
>
> One possibility is that CWC was used 3810 259 as the casting number on all AMC
> V8 cam castings.  I got this idea looking at Tom's page about the Barney
> Navarro motor he bought.  (http://wps.com/AMC/Navarro-turbo-motor/)  The cam
> Tom has was marked with CWC 3171241.  The part number for a 67-69 I6 cam is
> 3171242.

The cam I have is for an AMC six (12 bumps on it). I do have specs on
it, on that page somewhere (courtesy Randy Guynn) but I don't know how
to read them. I honestly don't know what that cam is for, I assume that
Indy project but it could be totally random (other than being AMC six).

It's odd that the v8 part number is 1 digit off.