Re: [Amc-list] scrambler pollution tube repair

From:  hoag@xxxxxxxxxx  [ Save Address ]
To:  "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Re: [Amc-list] scrambler pollution tube repair
Date:  Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:50:10 -0700 (PDT)

I believe that is a check valve.  There is a replaceable type that has a female
pipe thread on the side that goes to the air injection manifold (pollution
tube).  So, the ideal repair would be to weld a pipe thread adapter to the
manifold in place of the factory check valve, then thread on one of the newer
style check valves.  That is, of course, if you cannot find a replacement
factory style air injection manifold.

--Glen