Re: [Amc-list] brake drums

Jay,

The front drums *ARE* 2.5" and the center opening is also bigger to make
room for the hub. Was the center hole also flared outwards a little?
IIRC, that's done to make room for the radius on the hub where it meets
the flange for the wheel studs.

Matt

Jay wrote:
> Matt, as I said in a later post, they are NOT good drums for the American.
> The center hole is too big and the drum is 2.5 inches wide, not 2 inches.  I
> ended up ordering the Raybestos drums from RockAuto last night..
>
> Jay

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com