Re: [Amc-list] T14 overdrive

" From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
"
" Tom Jennings wrote:
" >
" > Since I have here a non-OD T14 in good shape, and a spare T96+OD in
" > operable shape, I can consider flaying them both on the bench and
" > eyeballing it.
" >
" > Then I'd have to live with whatever the T96 rear-most spline. No big
" > deal, I have the yoke.
"
"
" The T-14 output splines changed in the 70's to I think the same size as
" the Chrysler trannies. If the T-14 is from the first couple years, you
" shouldn't have any problems. When I switched from a T-96 to a T-14, the
" drive shaft yoke fit without problems.

the splines did change from the 10 splines shared with m35 autos and
t96s to the 23 used on tf904s, in '72.  afaik the shaft is still the
same length and i think the extension case is even the same.

this would be a lot easier if original t14-o/d parts could be found
for copying...
--
i regret passing on an o/d t14 years ago, but i recall the seller
saying it was exactly the same length overall and splines as my