[Amc-list] Another Bad Experience with Fedex

[Amc-list] Another Bad Experience with Fedex

I sold a complete set of AMC disk brakes to a buyer in
Arkansas.  I packaged the set very well I
thought...heavy wall electronics box, lots of tape.
The package weighed 80 pounds when it left here.

Shipped via Fedex ground.

Upon arrival the package was missing the calipers and
all of the bolts (which I had packaged separately in
the same box).

The claims process is laborious but I have
successfully collected the full amount in another
instance.

I am writing to caution anyone shipping via Fedex (and
probably UPS too) that you cannot pack items too well.
 Each time this happens I think I have learned
something and I try to improve my packing methods, but
the shipping apes find a way to wreck the package.

Joe Fulton