Re: [Amc-list] Update on compression problem 66 Ambo

A: Did you do the hammock trick? String the tank between 2 trees or poles and shake the $#!t out of it with the pea gravel inside?

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list]  Update on compression problem 66 Ambo
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks for the tip, but thats for the 6 cylinder. mine
is the 287 v8. also, i said manifolds, i was meaning
exhaust manifolds. i now have a pair of "thrush" brand
mufflers on it. i have had one on my 62 with the 196
for over a year now and LOVE how it sounds. on that
287, if i can get some power to come out of it, will
be a GREAT sleeper. not a lot of sound, just enough i
that it is heard tho. stomp on it and you get the
sound from behind. i love it. now, got to get the left
front wheel cylinder replaced tomorrow, get the vacume
advance hooked up, get all the fine tuning done on it,
get all the leagl paper crap done so i get plates and
go for a cruise and see if i can make it a couple
blocks before somethin else breaks on me..... lol.

the tank has already been cleaned out. did frank's
little pea-gravel with water in the tank trick. thats
a big tank to do the jitter bug with when it has a
couple gallons of water and rocks in..... got as much
of that crud out i could. looks fairly clean now.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules