Re: [Amc-list] brake drums

A: UP is United Parts (it's just a supplier line code. Receipts in stores
also show the code in a different place) TS = True Stop (Chinese made often)
and NBB is a new one (made all over the world and cheaper line) SS = Safety
Stop. (not stainless steel. Middle of the road yet decent), AE = Application
Engineered (great top of the line for American vehicles, but their pads tend
to squeak a lot on foreign made cars) CMX = Ceramix. Fully ceramic brakes
unless the part number ends with an M (metallic) There are other influences,
line A (asbestos free from the factory), X (not sure, but ceramic related)
   NAPA has recently partnered with Altrom for foreign car stuff (Beck
Arnley and NAPA gasket by ROL are being replaced. Felpro is our gasket
series now with some crossovers till old stock is gone)

RAY=raybestos.

I think I have the NAPA part numbers wrong, the leading letters
are on
the website but are not used in the store, so the part is either
(for
example) 6401106 or just 401106 (Jim, do you know NAPAs
numbering
scheme?)