Re: [Amc-list] Fw: 64 195.6 6cyl

A: What did he do to mess the crank up? Dry start it?

From: "L.D. Lyons" <ldlyons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Fw: 64 195.6 6cyl
To: "AMC-List" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

$ years ago I bought an overhaul kit for my 195.6 from Kanter
Auto Parts.
Had the head done, block was bored 30 new pistons rings. The guy
that put
the bottom of the engine together gouged the crank so bad that I
coud not
even turn the motor over, he lost parts that I have just
recently found. I
tore the engine back down, found a good crank, have reordered
new bearings
(rod, MAin & camshaft). My question is this, the engine was
never started.
The rings should still be ok to use shouldn't they.
Butch Lyons