Re: [Amc-list] AMC 20 One Piece Axles/Disk Break Conversion Kits

Re: [Amc-list] AMC 20 One Piece Axles/Disk Break Conversion Kits

" From: "Jason Hamilton" <jmhamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I've got a '68 AMX I've been restoring.  I know I need to change out the
" rear axles to one piece axles, apparently Moser engineering makes them.
" I figured that while I was at it, I would change the rear over to disc.
" I've seen this is articles, so I know it can be done, but nobody has
" specified what parts they have used for the conversion.  I see plenty of
" Conversions for Jeep AMC 20's 74+, but nothing about an 68-70 AMX.  Any help
" You could provide here may be beneficial.  Thanks.

there are tricks for adapting disks to the '80s xj and yj d35 and d44
axles, iirc using ford crown vic rear disks.  these axles have the
same housing flange pattern as the 'small bearing' ford; the amc20
does too...

the '90s 'c clip' d35 has a different mopar flange.