[Amc-list] AMC 20 One Piece Axles/Disk Break Conversion Kits

[Amc-list] AMC 20 One Piece Axles/Disk Break Conversion Kits

I'm catching up on a weekend of reading, so excuse me if this has been
answered! Moser and Strange both make the axles. You can find ads in any
4x4 magazine that caters to Jeeps. Due to problems in the past at least
one of them require you to send the old axles in. Around 1972-74 AMC
offset the diff to one side, whereas earlier axles had equal length
shafts. Since a lot of parts get swapped around over the last 40 years
or so, there's no easy way to determine if you have the original axle.
They got tired of making axles and having customers complain. They may
let you measure the axles if you call. You'll have to pull them to
measure, of course.

WSC Motorsports (http://www.classicone.com/wsc/catalog/amc/amc_per1.htm)
is an AMC vendor and makes a bolt-on kit for the AMC 20. At least one
other outfit does, but I don't have their name or address.