Re: [Amc-list] long model names

For a long time, a "Suburban" was essentially a term, rather than a badge,
for a second car, usually upscale, owned by upper middle clas
"Suburbanites", or as we call 'em around here, Urbanites.  It was
primarily used for transportation or errand running, touring the
countryside, etc. Sort of a pre-modern soccer-mom car.

Nash, Chrysler, and Willys all built cars called Suburban. So did many
others, usually as a trim level or luxury station wagon.

Oftentimes the name, in literature and articles, from the late 20's
throughout the 50's was synonomous with "station wagon", I'm guessing the
three-seat or luxury models.

You are now free to go back to wasting good wrench time...

Gettin' Molly tuned and polished(whatever bits are still shiny, that is)
for the Annual Route 66 Fun Run from Seligman AZ to Topock/Golden Shores,
at the Colorado River bank, on the California border. A laid-back 140-mile
time on the old two-lane.  T minus 7 Days and counting.

http://www.azrt66.com/

Molly's not going the distance, we're just gonna play around back where we
grew up... Just getting there is like 200 miles, all mountains, final
elevation about 5,280 feet.

That's due to my insistence that I will only take the two-lane to get
there, except for the unavoidable 10-mile stretch from Ashfork to Crookton
Road on I-40, with what's left of 66 lying tantalizingly in sight, yet out
of reach.

On the second anniversary of Molly Blue's purchase, May 5, she will be
rolling on the sacred pavement.
mike