Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I don't k now the technology of it enough to argue with anyone. All I know is it seems silly to heat water to heat air if your using electricity as the starting point to generate the heat.
>  My thinking was that the loss you may incur due to using resistance heat to air for short durations would likely be made up over all the spring, summer,fall days you were not hauling the Pump/Water heating unit, reservoir, fluid and the factory heater box/core! Talking overall comparisons as that is what it ends up being afterall....

I think that's a more functional way to look at it, total power
budget/load over a period of time!

Also, a 500W - 1000W heater isn't so big a load when you consider
the motor is some 25 - 100KW peak (more or less 750W/hp). It
weighs nothing. You could simply put a big electric heater in
the airbox that runs only if the fan is on. Strip that factory
crap out, there's another 30 lbs!