Re: [Amc-list] Re; Exotic-Valve-tool

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, John Elle wrote:

> Snip
> a nifty high-tech valve spring removal tool.
> <http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/images/exotic-valve-tool.jpg>
> http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/images/exotic-valve-tool.jpg
> Snip
>
> Thanks for the picture of the exotic-valve-tool.

You're welcome. Patent pending. You better mail me a royalty
check now that you've seen it.

I found it worked a lot better if I put the head on it's side;
the keepers generally just fell out.

(I made it from 3/16" steel scrap, and the big hole weakened
it, it wanted to bend there. Stiffer, or U channel, or hammered
into a slight U, all would work. YOu get the idea.)