[Amc-list] Long lived model names

John M. asked:

n 1974, and for several years thereafter, Ambassador held the claim to the
longest-uninterrupted- (save by WW II) use of a model name in auto
history.  Over three-plus decades, that title has been eclipsed, despite
some of Ambassador's "competitors" having now disappeared also.  Anyone up
to a listing?
===

Here are some of my candidates for long-in-the-tooth model names:

Models still in production today:

Chevrolet Suburban ? since 1935 (now at 72 years)

Chevrolet Corvette ? since 1953 (now at 54 years)

Ford F250 and F350? since 1953 (F100 was 1953 to 1983; F150 didn?t start
until 1973; also at 54 years)

Morgan 4-4 ? since 1936 ( a bit out of the mainstream; now at 71 years in
use)

I am sure there are others....

Also, for those in the RI -MA-CT area, there is a small auto show and swap
meet at the Washington County Fairgrounds on this Sunday (29 April).

Dave Borkman
Saunderstown, RI