[Amc-list] Quick'n Dirtie

Hey Bart~!

wondered if you'd 'pipe up' from that post ;0

for your reference:

www.mjmturbo.com

Jamie is the owner - bat the breeze on a build
with him!

a nice properly sized Garrett rebuilt with
warranty will set you back around $550.00.

not a Ball Bearing item - we're talking a 'Fun in The Sun'
cruiser driver - not 'Flaming Rice Ball from Hell'

how competent your skills or
your friends are with tube cutting & basic
welding is 'the factor'.

For a Six - you can 'U' the pipe up from the
exhaust header & mount the Turbo in the
engine compartment.

For V8 - most are mounting a single Turbo
under the car just aft of left or right exhaust
header / joined collector area - using stock
exhaust manifolds.

Under an AMC EAGLE is great - the
stock ride height is 'jacked' by the factory
so road clearance isn't a real concern.

bang for the buck - it is still the cheapest way
of making HP / Torque -

Turbo stuff is all over eBay - plenty of 'ricers'
swap up parts - it isn't like it was 10 years ago.

For a cast piston engine - 6lbs. boost is fine
and should bring 50% more power to the engine
without an Intercooler......

so we're talking plumbing
& BO valve & carb bonnet .......

way cheaper than cams / carb /
intake / headers for a street driven ride -

and the car would
remain more s'treetable' than one 'cammed' & carb'd -

but it does take research  - and - the local talent
available to get the plumbing in place -agreed!

      =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe
   "The Heretic"