Re: [Amc-list] Stuck Aluminum 195.6

Joe:

You should probably just pull that head.  I've disassembled a couple of stuck 196s for parts, and in both cases there was water in the oil, and the engines were stuck because at least one of two of the pistons were rusted into the cylinder.  Of course, these were Midwestern cars, and we have a lot more humidity/wetness here than a car in the Nevada desert would have.

I've never known an engine that someone got unstuck o run very well, I suspect due to rust and pitting developing on the cylinder walls.

Good luck with it . . .