[Amc-list] correction, 287 instead of 327

[Amc-list] correction, 287 instead of 327

well, i got the car here at the house now. i gave the
guy $200 and he let me take it to the house. it had
been sitting with the valve covers off. the guy had
some dude working on it who said he knew how to fix
it. well, i found out what was wrong with it. there
was 4 pushrods bent in the shape of an L. so bad i had
to pull the intake and valley pan off to be able to
get the hammer in and beat them strait enough to pull
them out. one broke in the process. also, there are
about 3 or 4 lifters that are broke. the retainer
clips came out, and springs and lifter internal parts
are everywhere.

so, question for listers. does anyone have lifters and
pushrods that i could get ahold of? help a guy out? i
love the looks of this car. i had people flagging me
down while i was trailering it home already. i need
both tail light lenses also.

anyway. any help would be great. by the way, is the
327 only a bigger bore? how far could i safely bore it
out? how much to make it a 327? or is there more
stroke also for 327?

anyway, hope everyone has great weekend.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules/62RamblerClassicCustom