[Amc-list] Still Stuck

Well I tried the air pressure trick on the aluminum
196 this morning.  No 3 and No. 6 cylinder had the
valves closed so I used the spark plug fitting from my
compression tester and screwed an air hose nipple into
it. (No welding Don.)  My calculations showed
approximately 700 to 800 pounds of down force with 100
psi air into the cylinder.  Still no joy.  Nothing
even budged.  I have rocked the starter using a new
battery just to make sure the starter was not locked
up.  With the air pressure applied to No. 3 the engine
JUST visibly rocks when you also engage the starter.
I'll leave the pressure on the engine a few hours and
see what happens.

I'll work on the Gremlin today and maybe fool with the
196 engine some more tomorrow.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA